Now that I've gotten everything in my Alpha Sapphire in order, I want to announce a very special thing I really want to put together: the first annual Olarium Pokémon League!
How this is going to work is exactly like in the anime, not the games. A set amount of people apply for the league challenge and battle each other for victory! While I may be the main organizer of this event, I will be just another contender in this challenge. I have the same chances as anyone else to claim victory.
I'm still thinking about what the prize could be, but I have a couple of ideas: a set amount of DA points, a Pokémon with the EVs, Nature and Ability of the winner's choice (bred and trained by me) or something else that you may suggest.
So how is this going to be organized? If enough people express their interest in taking part, I will create a group for this event and invite everyone to join it. I will post updates on the league, such as the next battles and the results of each of them. The battles will be decided by a randomizer, so the match-ups can very well be anything.
Keep in mind: this is a competition, so knowledge on competitive battling will make you a strong contender, but it doesn't prohibit you from joining or winning in any way. This is an open competition for ANY Trainer willing to join.
Special rules: This Pokémon League will go by the limitations and rules of Ranked Battle Spot, which you will see below.
- Any Pokémon with a level greater than 50 will have its level automatically set to Level 50. Pokémon who's level is 50 or below will not have their level changed.
- Players cannot use two or more Pokémon of the same species / same Pokédex number.
- Players can only use any Pokémon that can be obtained through regular gameplay or distributed through an event. Pokémon that have been imported using hacked methods are not allowed.
- Players can give their Pokémon items to hold for use in the competition but no two participating Pokémon can hold the same item.
- Players can only use Items that can be obtained through regular gameplay or distributed through an event. Items that have been imported using hacked methods are not allowed.
!READ THESE RULES THOROUGHLY!
- None of the following Pokémon may be used: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde
Any Trainer caught disobeying the rules will be disqualified IMMEDIATELY
Also, as a bonus for those who want to improve on their battling skills, save your battle, whether you lost or won, and upload it to the web through your Vs. Recorder and give me the code it shows you so I can watch the battle and comment on it. This may come in handy in your next battle, whether in- or outside of the League.
The rounds will go as follows: Preliminary Round, however many rounds we need to be left with four people, Semi-Finals, Bronze Round and the Finals. The Preliminary Round decides who continue to the actual rounds, obviously enough. Initial rounds are pretty self-explanatory. The Semi-Finals decide which two Trainers will battle for victory as well as who battle for third place. The losers of the Semi-Finals will battle for third place, which is the Bronze Round, whereas the winners will battle for 1st and 2nd place.
There is no set time during which a battle has to take place, as I understand some people, especially me, might have limited access to wi-fi. As such, the battles will take place as soon as possible.
There will be no Gym system UNLESS 8 people are willing to take the role of a Gym Leader.
But I'm fairly certain everyone just wants to participate in the League. I don't blame you ^^ But what we will do is a participant MUST
show me that he/she has defeated all 8 Gym Leaders of their respective game, be it X, Y, or ORAS. Just take a picture of your Badge Screen and show it to me so I can confirm that you qualify. This is more of a formality than anything else, but the anime as well as the games do this, so why shouldn't I, too?
So take this chance to participate in the Olarium Pokémon League! If enough people participate this year, I'll be happy to make this a legitimately annual event! Anyone is free to join and anyone can win!
I'm aiming to have at least 8 people in this, so come on! If we can get to 16 or even 32, that would be awesome! Just remember that if you snooze, you might lose because the participants must be kept at a certain number. So if we get 15 competitors, only the 8 first people will be able to participate. If we get 31, only 16 can take part and so on.
At this moment we have 2 competitors:
participate if you have any interest!